Monday, February 15, 2010

How long?

And so it happened! After a year of having a so called peaceful year...terror has struck. And this time right here in my own city. Am I surprised considering that Pune is considered a safe city? No I am not. Am I angry? Well I guess we all are beyond that. What amazes me is the consistency of our intelligence agencies failures...I am not even bothering to mention our politicians. The less said about them the better. As the days go by, we will see how the blame game progresses which has already started.

The fact that it has happened in Pune is a matter of concern and though I as a citizen should be scared, I am not. I guess as a citizen of this country and having seen how our country and its system works, it was not at all surprising. But how long can we continue with this attitude? This attitude that things like this will happen? How long can we keep on saying that our systems will continue to perform in this abysmal manner? Isn’t it time that we start making our leaders accountable? Isn’t it time that we as citizens of this country voice our opinions loud and clear without being scared of the consequences? And this is not just terror attacks but also regarding the ways and means which are used by the political parties to get into the limelight, which more than getting them in limelight disrupts our daily lives. It’s time that we stood up for what we believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home