Sunday, June 07, 2009

Humouro'us' education

She zoned out for a few seconds and then she said this really funny statement. A while later I asked her, "Why did you zone out suddenly?"
"Oh I didn't really zone out I was just thinking which type of humour would fit this situation perfectly. I was thinking of which line I should say here. Just went back to my books you see!"
Yup that's what will happen soon. People will boost of XX degrees in humour and creativity. What with institutes now offering courses to teach people how to be humorous! Nope I am not kidding. I saw an ad of an educational institute for a course on creative writing which had humour as a syllabus subject. And to think we were of the opinion that humour and creativity were inborn!

I didn't really know whether I should be laughing at it or not. For me that line itself was humour. A course for humour and creative writing.

Of late, my belief that educational institutes and those teaching professional or niche subjects, are no more that money minting industries had been getting stronger. And then I saw that ad in the newspaper. Yes my belief is indeed reality!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home